Best Fissure treatment in Hyderabad and
advanced laser treatments
An anal fissure is a tear or cut in the skin lining the anus that can cause pain, discomfort, and bleeding during bowel movements.
Constipation, diarrhea, childbirth, and anal sex are just a few of the factors that can cause fissures.
Symptoms of Anal Fissure:
The symptoms of an anal fissure include:
- Pain during bowel movements
- Discomfort and itching around the anus
- Bleeding during bowel movements
- A small cut or tear in the skin around the anus
Causes of Anal Fissure:
Anal fissures can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Constipation: Straining during bowel movements can cause tears in the skin around the anus.
- Diarrhea: Frequent bowel movements can irritate the skin and cause fissures.
- Childbirth: The pressure of childbirth can cause tears in the skin around the anus.
- Anal sex: Rough or unprotected anal sex can cause tears in the skin around the anus.
USFDA - Approved Procedure
Support in Insurance Claim
1 Day - Hospitalization
Here are some tips for preventing anal fissures:
- Increase your fiber intake: Eating foods that are high in fiber can help soften your stools and reduce constipation.
- Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated can help keep your stools soft and prevent constipation.
- Avoid straining: Don’t push too hard or strain during bowel movements, as this can irritate the fissure.
- Practice good hygiene: Keep the anal area clean and dry, and use moist wipes or a bidet after bowel movements.
Treatment Options for Anal Fissure:
Here are some treatment options for anal fissures:
- Lifestyle changes: Making some lifestyle changes, such as increasing your fiber intake and avoiding straining, can help promote healing and prevent further damage.
- Medications: Your doctor may recommend using medications to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and promote healing. Fissure topical creams or ointments, muscle relaxants, and stool softeners are all options.
- Surgery: If lifestyle changes and medication don’t provide relief, your doctor may recommend surgery. Laser surgery and open surgery are all options.
Laser Treatment for Fissures: Laser surgery also known as laser sphincterotomy, is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a laser to cut the internal anal sphincter muscle. This helps to relax the muscle and reduce pressure on the fissure, allowing it to heal. At Hyderabad Laser Surgery Hospital, we provide the best laser treatment for fissures in Hyderabad. Laser treatment for fissures, generally performed under local anesthesia and takes less than 30 minutes. Laser surgery of the fissure can provide pain relief from the fissure and also reduce pain and discomfort during the motion. Our advanced laser treatment for fissures has no bleeding and a fast recovery time. It ensures you can go back home the same day and resume your daily activities. Laser treatment for fissures is painless and doesn’t involve stitches or cuts, For more information on laser anal fissures, contact us.
Open Surgery: Open surgery also known as lateral internal sphincterotomy (LIS), is a traditional surgical procedure that involves cutting the internal anal sphincter muscle to relieve pressure on the fissure. This procedure is typically reserved for cases where other treatments have failed.
The anal fissure procedure is usually done under general anesthesia, and takes around 30 to 45 minutes to complete. Most patients are able to resume their normal activities within a week to 10 days.
It is important to note that all surgical procedures carry some risks and potential complications, including bleeding, infection, and incontinence. Patients should discuss the risks and benefits of each surgical option with their doctor to determine the best course of treatment for their individual needs.
In addition to anal fissure surgical treatments, patients with anal fissures may also benefit from lifestyle changes, such as increasing fiber intake, drinking more water, and avoiding straining during bowel movements. Over-the-counter creams and ointments may also provide temporary relief from symptoms.
Postoperative Care for Anal Fissure:
Here are some quick tips for postoperative care after fissure surgery:
- Take pain medication as prescribed by your doctor.
- Use stool softeners to prevent constipation and reduce strain during bowel movements.
- Eat a healthy, high-fiber diet and avoid spicy or greasy foods.
- Keep the surgical site clean and dry, and use moist wipes or a bidet after bowel movements.
- Avoid heavy lifting or strenuous activity for at least a few weeks after surgery.
- Attend all follow-up appointments with your doctor to ensure proper healing and address any concerns.
- Avoid sitting for long periods of time, take breaks if you need to sit for long periods.
In summary, anal fissures can be a painful and uncomfortable condition, but there are several treatment options available. Laser surgery, staple surgery, and open surgery are all effective options for relieving pressure on the fissure and promoting healing. Patients should work with their doctor to determine the best course of treatment for their individual needs.
It’s important to note that all surgical procedures carry some risks and potential complications, including bleeding, infection, and incontinence. Patients should discuss the risks and benefits of each surgical option with their doctor to determine the best course of treatment for their individual needs.
In summary, anal fissures can be a painful and uncomfortable condition, but there are several treatment options available. Patients should work with their doctor to determine the best course of treatment for their individual needs, and take steps to prevent further damage.
Choose Hyderabad Laser Surgery Hospital (HLSH) for anal fissure treatment. The best reasons include top doctors with 30+ years of experience, The best female doctors for female patients, and cutting-edge infrastructure. HLSH, one of the best fissure clinics in Hyderabad, also offers insurance facilities. Conveniently located nearby Madinaguda and Miyapur, HLSH is your top choice for exceptional care.
Dr. Galla Murali Mohan
MBBS ,MS,- General Surgery, FMAS, DMAS.
General Surgeon, Proctologist, Laparoscopic and Laser Surgeon. 32 Years of experience
Dr. Shameem Unnisa Shaikh
MBBS ,MS – General Surgery.
General Surgeon, Proctologist, Laparoscopic and Laser Surgeon. 6 Years of experience.
Dr. Swetha Suresh
BAMS – Ayurveda Nutrician Expert
Frequently Asked Questions about Fissure in Anal:
What is an anal fissure?
What causes anal fissures?
What are the symptoms of an anal fissure?
How are anal fissures diagnosed?
What options are there for anal fissure treatment
Treatment options for anal fissures include lifestyle changes such as increasing fiber intake and avoiding straining, medications such as topical creams and ointments, and surgery such as laser surgery or staple surgery.
Is anal fissures surgery necessary?
Surgery is not always necessary for anal fissures. In many cases, lifestyle changes and medication can provide relief.
How long does recovery take after an anal fissure surgery?
The recovery time of anal fissure surgery varies depending on the type of surgery performed. Laser surgery and staple surgery typically have shorter recovery times than open surgery.
Can anal fissures be prevented?
Can anal fissures lead to other health problems?
Can anal fissures recur after treatment?
Unlock Exclusive Health Content and Offers: Subscribe and Join Our WhatsApp Group Today!